24 June 2010

Mango Time!

The Selvaraj family has 23 mango trees.  Yes, 23 mango trees.  If they want to harvest said mangoes, someone must climb up 23 mango trees and throw down the fruit to someone else who will catch (not drop) and place them in a bucket.
Sudhir and I... with a mango... but not one that was picked from his house... it's one that a random mango man gave me on the side of the road... "Here ma'am, have a mango."

I wasn't so helpful with mango picking.  Sudhir would catch a mango, underhand toss it to me, and I would place it gently into the basket.  Julie = glorified backboard.  

Some of the mango trees in the front of the house (and Siddarth)
Sudhir catching mangoes (ACTION SHOT!)
The Jackpot

1 comment:

  1. Julie! This has been so fun to read! I love the pictures! Keep these coming! It looks like you are having a great time--can't wait to read more :)
    --Emily

    ReplyDelete