13 June 2010

With Love, Air France

Imagine receiving an e-mail from AirFrance that read:
Les autorités du pays de votre destination, ou de votre correspondance vous imposent de fournir avant votre départ certaines informations réglementaires. Afin de faciliter votre enregistrement, merci de nous communiquer parmi les informations obligatoires suivantes celles qui ne figurent pas actuellement dans votre dossier, pour vous même et pour les passagers vous accompagnant:

- vos données passeport 
- votre pays de résidence
- votre adresse de destination (pour les non résidents)
OK, it wasn't so bad. The first half of the e-mail  was in French, which was undesirable, because I do not speak or read French.  The second half was in English.

The airline instructed me to follow a link and provide them with my passport information, along with where I'll be staying in India.  This is a formality so I will not have to take time and give them the information during my layover in Paris on Tuesday/Wednesday.  The language they used made it obvious that it would be a bother to them if I did not provide the information online, so I attempted to oblige their request.

Upon entering my surname and reference number for my flight, I was directed to a page informing me that AirFrance's online flight-information-gathering tool is broken.

Boo internet and boo AirFrance.  I hope this doesn't cause any hangups en route. Oh well, it's all part of the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment